A few simple management changes and some one-on-one time can help alleviate pain and help maintain quality of life for your cat. Expert recommendations for ailing kitties include:
- Comfortable beds—Well-padded beds help ease pain and enable better rest since patients may sleep more soundly. Heated beds may help ease arthritis pain.
- Pet stairs or ramps—Ramps to favorite chairs or beds help cats continue to have access.
- Food—Make foods tasty using chicken broth, tuna juice, baby food, or a juicy cat food.
- Grooming—Gently brush and clean your cat with a soft cloth.
- Attention—Give her extra affection and perhaps special treats.